Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ice Damn - The Follow Up

Well Sergei and his worker arrived at 10:00am as promised. The got up on the flat roof from the back of the house. This is how I got up last summer to install the gutters. However, after almost not being able to come down I said I would never go up there again. Anyways...

The worked for about 2 hours getting everything cleaned up. Not surprisingly we had about 4 feet of snow up there with about 4 inches of ice built up around the gutters - that was the bad news.

Sergei showed me a picture when he came down and the roof was clear of all snow and ice. What was left up there would have melted this afternoon since it was above freezing.

Hopefully this solves our roof problems for now and the window stops leaking. Tomorrow night I'm going to clean up what leaked out and leave it for a week to make sure there is not more water. If all is good then I will strip and re-paint the window.

No comments: